Risotto (kindof) Stuffed Peppers
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
When I started making dinner tonight I really didn’t know what I was going to make. I had a bunch of veggies so I got choppin’ and hoped to figure something out along the way. I came up with a risotto like stuff pepper. I texted a picture to my best friend and Lover Boy saying “wish you were here for these amazing stuffed peppers I made. Holy moly yummy!” And truthfully they were just that! I ate waaaay too much…but really I don’t feel bad because they were loaded with vegetables! 🙂
For some reason half of my pictures turned out out of focus so you’re getting the “overview” tutorial!
Here we go:
1) In a large skillet melt butter and then carmelize onions and carrots. After they have carmelized add in zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms.
2) In a large pot make white rice according to box
3) Par boil a cored green pepper
4) Once the rice is cooked add it to the veggies and mix. Add in parmesan cheese
5) Fill pepper with rice and veggie mixture and place in an oven safe dish **Tip: because I do.not.want to spend 1 extra second cleaning something I don’t have to I lined the bowl with tin foil so when the cheese boils over it won’t bake to the dish and require 50 hours of scrubbing!
6) Place a piece of provolone cheese over top the pepper and rice
7) Bake in oven at 450 degrees until cheese is melted and a little brown (ignore the rolls I was also making)
So so soooo good!!
|Risotto (kindof) Stuffed Peppers||
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/4c chopped onion
- 1/4c chopped carrots
- 1/4c chopped zucchini
- 1/4c chopped yellow squash
- 1/8c chopped mushrooms
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2c cooked rice
- 1/2c parmesan cheese
- 3 green peppers cored
- 3 slices of provolone cheese
- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- Cook rice according to box directions
- Boil water in a large pot and then par boil cored green peppers
- In a large skillet melt butter and then add onions and carrots. Carmelize
- Add in the rest of the veggies. Cook until tender
- Add in parmesan cheese and mix
- Fill peppers with rice and veggie mixture. Top with provolone
- Bake in oven until cheese is melted and slightly browned
Oh wow. You and Amy are killing me tonight. These look amazing. Now I must first pin them and then go find something to eat.