This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
This quick and easy one pan Enchilada Pasta Casserole Bake goes together quickly and will fill you up! It’s such a fun twist on Mexican and Italian all in one!! Great for busy weeknights! Plus it’s a super easy clean up dinner!!
Check out my 25 Cinco de May Recipes: Quick & Easy
On Saturday we were busting our hineys working on the house. We had plans to go to a neighbor’s house for a cookout for dinner, so I wanted a low fuss meal for lunch. I pinned from Kraft Recipes an Enchilada Pasta Bake and decided to make it for lunch. It wasn’t necessarily no fuss but it was definitely a very easy meal to make.
I thought it was really good but Lover Boy and I both agreed that it was a little dull on the flavor side. So next time I make it I will add some extra Mexican spices.
I didn’t take “in the process” photos but here is the final product.
Edit (2019): I’ve now been making this recipe for years! It works great for large get togethers or family gatherings when you don’t want to be in the kitchen all day working hard. It’s a quick and easy throw together meal that can feed a crowd!! Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream if desired!
Enchilada Pasta Casserole Bake Recipe
- 4-1/2cups medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 2tsp. oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1pkg. (1.25 oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix **I use 1.5 packages
- 1can (14.5 oz.) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2cups OSCAR MAYER Deli Fresh Oven Roasted Chicken Breast **I omit the chicken and use 1/2lb ground beef seasoned with 1/2 a packet of taco seasoning
- 1can (15 oz.) no-salt-added black beans, rinsed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 1/3cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COOK pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add yellow onions and peppers; cook 3 to 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Stir in seasoning mix and tomatoes; cook and stir 3 min. Add chicken, beans and half each of the green onions and cilantro; mix well. Remove from heat.
- DRAIN pasta. Add to chicken mixture; mix lightly. Pour into 13×9-inch baking dish; top with cheese.
- BAKE 20 to 25 min. or until pasta mixture is heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining green onions and cilantro.
As I mentioned we went to a neighbor’s house for a cookout that evening. One of the things I brought were these fruit kabobs. They were perfect for a large group of people. Easy to grab and eat and appealing to kids (well and the adults too!) 🙂
Rainbow Fruit Kabobs!! In color order of the rainbow: raspberry, watermelon, orange, pineapple, kiwi, blueberry, grape
OK that one piece of watermelon was a little out of place, opps! Oh well. But aren’t they super cute?!?!
Check out these 25 Ground Beef Dinner Ideas!