This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Some of my most favorite times are when I’m in the kitchen cooking and baking with my kids. Ever since my oldest was born that has been something I’ve always been so adamant about doing, cooking together!
I also have a super big sweet tooth and I honestly see no point in fighting it – man you have to live and be happy! 🙂 So when you mix my sweet tooth together and my love of baking with my kids, you’ve got a batch of cookies weekly! We have such a happy home! haha
While my little man was sleeping… (ahhh would you look at those cheeks!!!!)
My big guy and I were busy baking away these DELICIOUS, soft & chewy chocolate chip cookies!
I genuinely think it’s so important for kids to help in the kitchen – even if it’s for baking sweets!
Over the years we’ve tried out so many recipes, searching high and low for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe – I’d say this time we have found one of the top contenders!
Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Don’t these literally look delicious?!?! They were so good!! I won’t admit to how many I ate 😉
Now it’s your turn to get busy baking in the kitchen, especially with your kiddo if you have one! Enjoy this recipe and have fun sharing with those you love!
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the corn syrup, egg, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating well
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough on to an ungreased baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes
- Allow to cool and enjoy!