Looking for an easy weeknight dinner to serve your family? This 5 ingredient meal is full of flavor and is easy to clean up!
Some nights I am all A-Game with my dinners…other nights, I struggle and would fail with an ‘F’. Obviously, some nights are busier than others, especially when you have kids!
Between all of the running around due to sports, going to the farm (we own a horse!), and various other happenings, I sometimes have a brain freeze and literally cannot come up with anything to serve my family besides a pot of noodles. As much as it stinks to admit that, it’s 100% true…and I have a feeling I’m not totally alone there 🙂
However, some nights, I am able to quickly think and put together a meal that is delicious, nutritious and doesn’t make a huge mess! That’s my kind of meal!!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Check out these One Pot Dishes – Quick & Easy Dinner Recipes
That’s where this sausage and green peppers (and onions) sheet pan dinner served over rice came in. I was in a hurry, was looking through the refrigerator and came across these items – and put them together! My daughter now requests this meal frequently!
- beef smoked sausage – any beef sausage, similar to Hillshire Beef Smoked Sausage, will do!
- green peppers – sliced and diced. If you prefer to use red or yellow peppers, be my guest!
- onion – I have used both sweet onions and red onions. I love both, so you choose!
- rice – cooked following the package instructions and flavored with a little salt. I like to remove the cooked rice from the pot and place it on the sheet pan and cook alongside with the peppers, sausage and onions for about 5 minutes in the oven
Dish everything up in a deep spaghetti bowl and enjoy!
Here’s the recipe!
Sausage & Green Peppers Sheet Pan Dinner Over Rice
Sheet Pan Ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- On a large cutting board, deseed a green pepper and cut into cubes. Peel the onion and dice into cubes. Cut the sausage link into quarters and about 1/2" thick
- Arrange all of the ingredients on a sheet pan and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the sausage is cooked and slightly browned
- While the peppers, onions and sausage are baking in the oven, prepare 2-3 servings of rice cooked according to the package
- When there is about 5 minutes left to the baking time of the sheet pan ingredients and the rice has finished cooking, spoon the rice onto the sheet pan and let firm up in the oven for 5 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to save this recipe for later… especially for one of your busy weeknights!