This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
|Roasted Asparagus Over Bowties with Balsamic||
Recipe Type: Main, Dinner, Vegan
Recipe originally from http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/penne-with-roasted-asparagus-and-balsamic-butter
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 pound penne (I used bowties instead)
- 1/4 pound butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving (I left this out)
- Heat the oven to 400°.
- Snap the tough ends off the asparagus and discard them. Cut the spears into 1-inch pieces. Put the asparagus on a baking sheet and toss with the oil and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the vinegar in a small saucepan. Simmer until 3 tablespoons remain. Stir in the brown sugar and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Cook the penne in a large pot of boiling, salted water until just done, about 13 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss with the butter, vinegar, asparagus, Parmesan, and the remaining 1 3/4 teaspoons salt.
- Optional: Serve with additional Parmesan.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe