Paleo Shrimp & Sausage Skillet
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Fall is a busy time of year. School is well underway, sports are coming to an end and the hours of sunlight are getting shorter. Days are just crazy and getting dinner on the table can be a huge challenge! For these very reasons I love skillets, especially “one pot” skillets which make dinner so much easier and faster. Not to mention a much more enjoyable cleanup! I took the classic Low Country Boil and put a lower carb spin on it! Replacing the corn and potatoes with peppers…and it was delicious!!
Here’s the recipe! I doubled the amount of everything used so I could have leftovers for the next night! …making life even easier!
- 2 lb of frozen medium or large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 packages of beef sausage
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1 of a medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Olive oil
- Defrost shrimp – do NOT drain excess water from the bag
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tsp olive oil
- Cook shrimp (pour entire contents of the bag into skillet – shrimp & excess water) about 3-4 minutes until opaque
- Season shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning
- Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside
- Pour the juice from the skillet into a small bowl and set aside
- Cook onions and peppers in the skillet with 2 Tbsp of olive oil for 2 minutes
- Add sausage and reserved juice to the skillet, cook another 5 minutes
- Put cooked shrimp back into skillet along with the garlic, and cook everything for about 3 minute
- Add salt, ground pepper to taste
- Serve straight from the skillet
‘]\p.s. Like my skillet? Get your here! You will not regret it! I promise!