This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
The best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies using coconut flour and almond flour that won’t leave you feeling guilty for indulging in delicious cookies!
My BFF along with half of the world have either just decided or have been eating according to a paleo diet. I selfishly didn’t want to think that everyone else would be skinny for swimsuit season and I would look like the mom who needed to make some changes. So, I jumped on the bandwagon and ate a lot of healthy meals …but didn’t last as long as everyone else.(wahhh!!!!) I just like food I guess and have zero will power to not get in the kitchen and make certain things! However, while eating paleo for the short time I did, I really wanted to test out a few recipes, one of them being chocolate chip cookies. Because all of you who know me, know I love me a good chocolate chip cookie! In fact, I have more cookie recipes on this ol’ blog than any other genre of food!
With all that said, I really feel I am a good judge for if a cookie is good or not. I have to admit, I was thinking these paleo chocolate chip cookies would be gross but once I tasted the dough (which is the absolute best way to tell if a cookie will be good or gross) I knew that the cookie was going to be surprisingly good! And they really were! Even my husband and kiddos liked them…and that’s saying a lot if you ask me!
I originally found this recipe from Beauty and The Foodie.
Lets Make Them Together!
I purchased al of these “odd” ingredients at Walmart!
Using a standup mixer cream together the wet ingredients.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients.
Rough chop the cacao bar into bite sized chunks. Mix into the batter. Make sure you mix everything well and don’t have too large of cacao chunks because it is bitter tasting, and if you don’t have enough of the other cookie dough mixed around it, you will taste the bitterness.
Scoop out on a cookie sheet and bake!
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder, this one is corn free
- ⅛ tsp sea salt, * optional
- ⅔ cup sweetener of choice: Swerve sweetener for low carb (or other low carb granulated sweetener equivalent), or use coconut sugar for paleo
- 5 ½ tbsp butter, cold or room temp, or organic palm shortening for dairy free
- ½ tbsp molasses *optional
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lg egg
- ½ cup paleo chocolate chips, or sugar free chocolate chips for low carb, or chopped low carb chocolate bar
- ¼ cup chopped pecans *optional
- Preheat oven to 325 F, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats, or can grease them.
- In a large mixing bowl with electric hand beater or a stand mixer, cream butter and granulated sweetener until well combined.
- Add egg, molasses, and vanilla extract to mixing bowl and mix in until combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl combine: almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Stir until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix in until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Place tbsp size spoonfuls across cookie sheet 1 ½ inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cookies are browned on the bottoms.
- Remove and cool for at least 25 minutes or longer, or until cookies firm up and set.
And enjoy!! Try not to eat all of them at once!