Although I haven’t been posting lately I have been cooking still. Earlier in the day Lover Boy mentioned that it would be nice to do a pizza bar, but we were busy stripping (well really just power washing and cleaning) our deck so I decided to nix the pizza bar idea and just make it myself.
I came up with shrimp & asparagus with cojita cheese pizza for Lover Boy and I and 3 cheese pizza for the kiddos. I absolutely loved the way it turned out! So different, yet the flavors complimented each other so well.
Here’s my recipe for my no-fail pizza dough.
- Pizza dough
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- Cotija cheese
- Prepare pizza crust (see recipe link above)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- While the dough is rising trim, slice asparagus in half lengthwise and cut into 2″ slices. Cook in pan with EVOO and season it with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook until tender
- Remove asparagus from pan and cook shrimp with EVOO, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook for only 2-3 minutes, just until they turn pink
- Roll out dough and drizzle with EVOO
- Layer with shrimp, asparagus and cotija cheese
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted
For the kids pizza I used Bertoli Vodka Spaghetti Sauce and cheddar, mozzarella and cotija cheese. Honestly, the cotija cheese is seriously my favorite cheese on pizza even though it’s a mexican parmesan cheese. So good!
Hope you guys give this a try – and again, sorry I haven’t been posting many recipes lately.