This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Make your own monogrammed buffalo check slippers using a Silhouette Cameo and glitter HTV.
I love making handmade gifts for those I love each year for Christmas. These slippers are one of my favorite personalized gifts for the year!
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure here.
- Slippers of choice
- Silhouette Cameo
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette AutoBlade
- Heat Transfer Vinyl, I used glitter
- Parchment Paper
Lets Make It Together!
When cutting HTV (heat transfer vinyl) you MUST flip horizontally or mirror your image. In the updated Silhouette Studio software, when you select the type of material you are cutting, you will be prompted to “send as is”? or “send mirrored”…you would choose send mirrored ONLY IF you had not done the step I am showing above for flipping horizontally.
Weed out your design
Align your design
- Create design in Silhouette Studio
- Cut HTV with Silhouette Cameo
- Weed HTV design
- Heat iron to cotton setting
- Lightly iron slippers to remove an moisture
- Align HTV design and cover with parchment paper
- Apply iron over parchment paper. Press for 10-15 seconds
- Remove iron, parchment paper and clear backing on HTV
- Re-cover HTV with parchment paper and press with iron for another 10-15 minutes, or until HTV is fully adhered to slippers
These slippers would pair great with my Hooded Santa Hat Blankets!