– 4 green bell peppers – 1 lb ground beef 90% lean – 1/4 c chili powder – 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes – 1 can stewed tomatoes – 1 can tomato sauce – 1 c white rice – 1 c shredded cheddar cheese – 4 tbs Bac'n Pieces
– Brown 1lb of ground beef. I use 90% lean ground beef. Season with chili powder and crushed red pepper flakes
– Add 1 whole can of stewed tomatoes. Using kitchen scissors, cut up the stewed tomatoes into small pieces.
– Add 1/2 of a can of tomato sauce and stir
-Cook white rice according to the package instructions
-Add about 1 cup of cooked rice to the meat mixture and stir
– Cut off the stems of the green bell peppers and scoop out the insides
-Bring a large stock pot of water to boil. Place the bell peppers in the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Remove and drain out excess water
– Pour 1/4 of the remaining can of tomato sauce on the bottom of a baking dish. Use a spoon and spread the sauce evenly over the bottom of the dish
– Grate about 1 cup of cheddar cheese
– Add about 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese to the meat mixture and stir to incorporate
– Place the par boiled green bell peppers into the baking dish and fill with the meat mixture. Spoon the remaining meat mixture (if any) around the base of bell peppers in the tomato sauce
– Top each pepper with a generous amount of cheese
– Top each cheesy pepper with a couple of shakes of the Bac'n Pieces
– Drizzle the remaining 1/4 can of tomato sauce all over the top of the peppers
– Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes … or until the cheese is gooey and melty!