This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
I am not really a fan of sloppy joes, never have been probably never will be. However I do like my mom’s. They are really sweet tasting and easy to make. However, they are a typical recipe of my moms…no measuring. So you will just have to adjust according to your own taste buds.
|Mom’s Sloppy Joes||
- 1lb ground beef (or I prefer to use ground deer meat, you really don’t taste a difference either)
- 1/2-1 green pepper dieced
- 1/2-1 onion diced
- ketchup to taste (at least 4tbs)
- mustard to taste (2tsp)
- brown sugar to taste (at least 2tbs)
- Brown the beef in a large pot
- Stir in remaning ingredients
- Bring to a boil and then simmer on medium for at least a half hour, until flavors all meld together
- Serve on a warmed hamburger bun