This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
- 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
- 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can. Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor. Add 1/4 cup of liquid from chickpeas. Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Place in serving bowl, and create a shallow well in the center of the hummus.
- Add a small amount (1-2 tablespoons) of olive oil in the well. Garnish with parsley (optional).
- Serve immediately with fresh, warm or toasted pita bread, or cover and refrigerate.
- For a spicier hummus, add a sliced red chile or a dash of cayenne pepper.