Guest Post: Cinnamon Bun Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Hi to all.
I am Terri and I blog over here at Life with the Grothe’s.
I would love to have you come over and say hi.
Thanks to Stephanie for having me over here today.
This Receipe I am about to share is not one that I came up with- ( I’m not that brilliant haha)
it is one from Stefano’s cooking show, you can find more here .
Enjoy this one because it sure is amazing.
Photo Credit: Stefano’s Cooking Show
Cinnamon Bun Recipe
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- Cinnamon Bun Dough:
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 package (1/4-ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter (unsalted)
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 1/2 cups to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Sticky Bun Bottom Layer:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. corn syrup
- About 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, or to taste
- Cream Cheese Icing:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup to 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pinch salt
- Cinnamon Bun Dough
- Combine 1/4 cup warm water, 1 tsp. sugar and yeast. Let sit until foamy, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile warm milk and butter in saucepan over until butter just melts and milk is just warm to touch. (If milk is too hot, it will kill the yeast and the dough will not rise.)
- To large bowl, add yeast mixture, warm milk mixture, sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and 3 1/2 cups flour. Stir until shaggy dough starts to form, adding more flour if dough is too sticky. Transfer to work surface dusted with flour and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to oiled bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Sticky Bun Bottom Layer
- Generously grease a 9-inch cake pan with 1/4 cup butter. Sprinkle bottom of pan with 1/2 cup brown sugar and drizzle with 2 tbsp. corn syrup.
- Punch down cinnamon bun dough.
- Lightly flour work surface. Roll out dough to 22-inches x 11-inches, about 1/4-inch thick. Brush lightly with some melted butter and sprinkle lightly with some of the brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough like a jelly roll. Pinch ends, as needed. Flatten roll slightly and shape into a log, about 35-inches x 2-inch. Lightly brush top of log with melted butter and sprinkle lightly with brown sugar. Roll log up like a pinwheel.
- Transfer to prepared cake pan. Brush top lightly with more melted butter. Cover and let proof until doubles in size, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Transfer cake pan to baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cover loosely with foil (to prevent over browning) and bake another 30 to 40 minutes. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes then invert onto serving plate or board. Top with Cream Cheese Icing. Cut and serve into wedges. Serve warm.
- Cream Cheese Icing
- With electric beaters, whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add whipping cream, 1 cup icing sugar, vanilla and pinch of salt. Whip to combine. Adjust frosting with icing sugar to sweetness and preferred thickness.
Original recipe can be found HERE