Who doesn’t love a delicious, semi-healthy snack after school? I know I sure do! I use my kiddos as my excuse to bake a lot of the time. I have been trying to cut back on sweets and make more healthy foods but I still love to have my treats every now and then. This Flourless Chocolate Chip Bar recipe definitely fulfills the desire for something sweet and tasty!
The recipe is really easy to make and doesn’t use any flour! You substitute out the flour for oats. There are so many variations you could make with this recipe – swap out the chocolate chips for raisins or dried cranberries or blueberries. You could add nuts, you could add protein powder. You could use applesauce instead of eggs…the list goes on and on! Since I know I’ll be making this again I’ll be sure to post other variations I create!
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4½ cups quick oats or old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper, silpat liner, or spraying with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, or bowl of stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and peanut butter. Mix until fluffy
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- Add in the oats and baking soda.
- Add in chocolate chips
- Spread dough in an 8x11 greased pan
- Bake for 17-20 minutes
Thanks for stopping by! I'd love for you to FOLLOW ME!!