My friend and I have been so good about working out 5+ times per week since July. We feel better, our brains are more focused, and our bodies are less flabby!! Praise the Lord! Getting back into the habit of working out after a full decade off has been quite the challenge but thankfully having a workout buddy has made it soooo much more enjoyable!
I’ve been working on eating better – and by that I mean thinking about what I can ADD to my diet rather than TAKE AWAY from it. I still eat my junkie food (carbs and sweets…and right now with it being the holidays I’m eating tons!) but I’m really focusing on what I can eat to make my whole self function better. Eating more veggies has definitely been on the list along with eating more protein. I am not a huge fan of “protein foods” aka meat, etc. so I really struggle in this field. I also am not a huge fan of protein shakes simply because I would rather chew my food than drink it. But on the flip side, protein shakes are super easy and quick so I’m working on changing them up and making them more exciting!
Why Do You Need Protein?
-your hormones and other body chemicals
Other Benefits of Protein
-curbs your sugar and carb cravings
-you burn more calories digesting protein compared to carbs and fat
-promotes muscle growth
-promotes muscle repair after working out
-assists in burning fat
So if you’re like me and realize that you need more protein in your diet then this Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Shake will be a great meal for you!
Here’s the recipe!
- 2 scoops Shaklee Chocolate Life Energizing Shake: http://bit.ly/2hzmMzz
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tbs peanut butter
- 3-5 ice cubes
- milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips for garnish
- In a blender mix Life Shake, almond milk, peanut butte and ice cubes together until desired thickness
- Using a microplane, grate the chocolate chips (optional)
I prefer to use Shaklee Chocolate Life Energizing Shake because it is
- Increase your energy
- Help you retain lean muscle and achieve a healthier weight
- Support digestive and immune health
- Support heart and brain health
The Life Energizing Shake comes packed with:
- 24 grams* of protein, including 16 grams of plant-based, non-GMO protein
- Added leucine to help preserve lean muscle and achieve a healthier weight
- A powerful combination of prebiotics and one billion CFU of patented probiotics
- Omega-3 (ALA) to support heart and brain health
You can order your own protein HERE in chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and cafe latte in both Soy and Non-Soy!!
And…in case you need one more reason to give this shake a try or just want to see some behind the scene photos of what goes on in my kitchen…here you go 🙂 🙂 You’re welcome! haha
I hope you enjoy it!!
Thanks for stopping by! I'd love for you to FOLLOW ME!!