I feel like I’ve been in a rut lately for making new recipes. I’ve been making my old tried and true recipes over and over for the past couple of months. In an effort to spice things up in my kitchen I hit the web in search of amazing recipes! I came across this recipe from EatingWell and it totally appealed to me! It got my wheels turning and so I got busy creating!
Linguine with Shiitake Mushrooms, Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Basil!
Doesn’t it look delicious?!?!? Seriously lets be real, who doesn’t love pasta?!? I have a major love for noodles and a new love of cooked mushrooms – growing up I would have never eaten one…now I will even order a Portobello Burger!! Funny how your taste buds change over time!
I made this with Shiitake Mushrooms. Have you ever heard of Shiitake Mushrooms? I actually had never cooked with them before but was super intrigued to do so. Shiitake mushrooms contain powerful anti oxidants which can aid in keeping skin looking young! Hey, who doesn’t want that?!?!
Let me show you how easy this is to make! I’m telling you, you’ll be glad you did!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½c shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- ½c sun-dried tomatoes
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- basil to taste and garnish
- Bring water to a boil in pot. Cook pasta al-dente and set aside
- Heat EVOO in large pan
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, do not let brown
- Add shiitake mushrooms and cook until softened and a bit browned
- Add lemon zest, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper
- Add pasta to pan and toss
- Add freshly grated parmesan cheese and basil
I hope you enjoy this pasta dish as much as I did…and don’t forget… these Shiitake Mushrooms are good for keeping us all looking younger!! Great recipe! Great for our skin! DOUBLE BONUS!!
Thanks for stopping by! I'd love for you to FOLLOW ME!!