I was recently asked by Dyson to test out their new handheld cordless vacuum, the Dyson V6 Slim. I was so excited because I have been a long time Dyson user. I bought my very first Dyson at the ripe old age of 23…and I still have it 8 years later! I absolutely love LOVE Dyson vacuums. Even my kids have 2 small kiddie Dyson vacuums. Funny enough, vacuuming is the only chore in our house that gets fought over!
My big guy was super excited and wanted to model it off…of course this would be my most favorite picture of him doing so 😉
How It Works:
There are several different attachments that allow you to clean on all different types of surfaces and crevices. I found it to be absolute amazing at cleaning all of these really not-so fun places to clean:
1) My kid destroyed minivan. I hate to admit, but my van has become “that van”…well I should say it “was” that van until I was able to totally clean it with the Dyson V6 Slim. It was great at getting in-between all of the cup holders, seats, carseats, floor mats, floor storage areas, and so much more. Really I was so happy not to have to pay for my car to be vacuumed!
2) My dusty and dirty baseboards. If there’s one thing I dislike cleaning in my house it’s the baseboards. Seriously, who wants to get down on their hands and knees and clean them off? Not me that’s for sure! But the little brush attachment made this a breeze!
3) Underneath my kitchen cabinets. I’m not sure about you but crumbs and dirt always collect under my kitchen cabinets along the floor. It drives me crazy. Usually I use a regular hand broom and sweet under there but sometimes it just doesn’t do the trick (especially when your kids help you bake and they spill flour or sugar). The Dyson V6 Slim was perfect for this! It fit so easily under my cabinets and cleaned every last grain of sugar off of my floor! Amazing!
4) Transitioning from wood to carpet flooring. I love that nothing additional was required to vacuum on any of my flooring types. You don’t need to change the attachments, you don’t need to turn any beater bar off and you don’t need to worry about the cord not being long enough! Just turn it on and go!
· Testing: Dyson prototypes are subjected to 636 different validation tests. On/off buttons are punched 20,000 times. Prototypes are drop tested 10,000 times. Cleaner heads are slammed into iron table legs.
· Patents: There are 350 patents and patent applications worldwide relating to the technology used in Dyson cordless vacuum cleaners, including patents relating to Dyson digital motors.
· Run time: 20 minutes
· Hygienic bin emptying: Just push the button to release the dirt directly into the bin.
· Energy Star Rating: The machine’s battery charger has qualified for the Energy Star rating, due to its energy efficiency.
· Warranty: The machine comes with a 2 year parts and labor warranty.
· Price: $289
I am totally in love with this vacuum. It not only is more powerful than any other handheld vacuum I have ever owned, but it also has so many attachments making it so so versatile! I highly recommend this for anyone who has kids, pets and a vehicle!!
*Disclosure: Dyson provided me with this vacuum however all thoughts and opinions are solely mine.