Meat Pie Recipe
This is a recipe that Lover Boy’s mom used to make when we were dating. I loved it and quickly learned how to make it! When we got married, it was seriously one of the only dinners I actually knew how to make. Needless to say, we ate a lot of meat pies 🙂 7.5 years later I still make it and the best part is our kids like it also! It’s great because you can sneak in so many great veggies! Plus you can add in whatever veggies you have on hand or in your freezer! I also like to put some of the veggies that I know my kids don’t particularly like to eat (aka zucchini) in the food processor so they don’t know I added it!
- ½ - 1lb ground beef
- 1Tbs italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, slightly drained
- ½ green pepper, diced
- ½ zucchini, food processed
- 2+ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 pie crusts
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- In a skillet brown beef and onion
- Add seasonings
- In a large bowl combine browned beef, diced vegetables and can of diced tomatoes. Stir
- Add in cheese
- Line a pie dish with 1st pie crust
- Fill with meat and vegetable mixture
- Top with 2nd pie crust
- Poke air holes in the top
- Bake until browned on top 20-30 minutes depending on oven and how crispy you prefer your crust
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as we do!! Happy cooking!
Thanks for stopping by! I'd love for you to FOLLOW ME!!