A-Z Blogging Challenge – Day 1, Letter A: ADD / ADHD
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a problem of not being able to focus, being overactive, not being able control behavior, or a combination of these. For these problems to be diagnosed as ADHD, they must be out of the normal range for a person’s age and development. (source)
According to the CDC.gov website:
- Approximately 11% of children 4-17 years of age (6.4 million) have been diagnosed with ADHD as of 2011.
- The percentage of children with an ADHD diagnosis continues to increase, from 7.8% in 2003 to 9.5% in 2007 and to 11.0% in 2011.
- Rates of ADHD diagnosis increased an average of 3% per year from 1997 to 2006 [Read article] and an average of approximately 5% per year from 2003 to 2011.
- Boys (13.2%) were more likely than girls (5.6%) to have ever been diagnosed with ADHD.
- The average age of ADHD diagnosis was 7 years of age, but children reported by their parents as having more severe ADHD were diagnosed earlier.
- It is estimated to be between $12,005 and $17,458 annually per individual. [Read article]
Typical Doctor Prescribed Medications
|Stimulants & Other Medications for ADHD||Side Effects of ADHD Medications|
| A list of stimulant drugs to treat ADHD includes:
||Stimulant medications used to treat ADHD sometimes have side effects. The most common side effects of stimulants include:
Why not let Shaklee help you? Shaklee provides a safe, all natural approach in the holistic approach to optimal health.**
The Core ADD & ADHD Wellness Program
Because many children with ADD & ADHD have trouble converting simpler essential fatty acids into this important nutrient –AND– some clinical studies have shown that it reduces ADHD symptoms.
Because B vitamins are very important for nerve transmission –AND– most children do not get all the B vitamins they need from their diet
Most children with ADD & ADHD suffer from some degree of hyperactivity during the day and may have trouble sleeping at night – AND – Gentle Sleep Complex contains the herbs valerian, passion flower and German chamomile, which help maintain a state of calmness during the day and aid in obtaining a gentle, restful sleep at night.
Most children with ADD & ADHD have trouble focusing their mind and retaining information – AND – Mental Acuity Plus contains the herbs ginko biloba, hawthorne, kotu cola and bilberry, which enhance mental focus, memory and decision making.
A Mother’s Testimony: Ritalin VS Shaklee Supplemntss
**The information is not meant to be used in the diagnosis or treatment of disease. The recommendations are geared towards the prevention of disease. Furthermore, the descriptions of individual products in this post are not meant to indicate that they can significantly reduce the risk of disease by themselves. Rather the descriptions are meant to indicate the role that they may play as part of a holistic approach to optimal health.**
Thanks for stopping by! I'd love for you to FOLLOW ME!!