Last night I woke up and couldn’t sleep…so I did what any normal uncomfortable, 6 months pregnant person would do, I opened my laptop and started browsing Pinterest. Three hours later I had discovered a recipe for Blueberry Biscuits. They looked amazing. I planned on making them for breakfast, a whole 2 hours later. Oiy!
The original recipe was somewhat hard to follow because the order of ingredients to instructions wasn’t in order as well as you weren’t told where to add the blueberries. So, I’ve rewritten the recipe for you (and myself for the future!) I hope that it’s easier to follow!
- 2c Flour
- ⅓c of sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1c cold milk
- 5 tbs butter, cut into 1tbs slabs
- 3 oz of blueberries (fresh or dried)
- 1 cup of sifted powdered sugar
- ⅛ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- One hour before baking, place butter in freezer.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the cold milk into dry ingredients and mix.
- As dough begins to form, take each tablespoon of hardened solidified butter and blend into dough with pastry knife.
- Add in blueberries.
- Fold dough, and knead. Repeat until all butter is spread in chunks evenly throughout dough.
- Move dough to floured cutting board and roll flat to about ¼ - ½ thick (or to desired thickness) and cut into circles with cookie cutter top of cup ring.
- If you notice the butter start to melt (hot kitchen) during this process it may be necessary to return the dough to the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Do not exceed 20 minutes, as the baking powders 1st stage may become inactive past that.
- Place in oven and bake for about 7-12 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of low-fat butter in the microwave, and paint finished biscuits with pastry brush.
- Mix glaze ingredients in a bowl, and drizzle over biscuits with a fork.
There you have it! I used blueberries we picked over the summer that were in my freezer. My daughter and I really enjoyed these and plan to keep this recipe towards the front of our breakfast choices!
If this recipe looks yummy to you, I’d love it if you would PIN it!!
Thanks for stopping by! I'd love for you to FOLLOW ME!!