My Mother-In-Law has been visiting us for the past week and a half ~ we’ve been up to lots of fun traveling trips and other goodies! Oh so much blogging to catch up on!
Anyway, yesterday we made these M&M Sugar Cookies for the 4th of July. I think they turned out so cute!
Happy 4th of July!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, shortening, and vanilla thoroughly. Add flour, salt, and baking soda to creamed mixture. Blend well. Add ¾ cup of M&M candies.
- Drop dough by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet. Slightly push a few candies on top of each dough ball with remaining candies.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes
Thank you to Scott and his family and all of the others who are so brave to save our great country! We are so blessed because of you!
Thanks for stopping by! I'd love for you to FOLLOW ME!!