My Mother-In-Law has been visiting us for the past week and a half ~ we’ve been up to lots of fun traveling trips and other goodies! Oh so much blogging to catch up on!
Anyway, yesterday we made these M&M Sugar Cookies for the 4th of July. I think they turned out so cute!
Happy 4th of July!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, shortening, and vanilla thoroughly. Add flour, salt, and baking soda to creamed mixture. Blend well. Add ¾ cup of M&M candies.
- Drop dough by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet. Slightly push a few candies on top of each dough ball with remaining candies.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes
Thank you to Scott and his family and all of the others who are so brave to save our great country! We are so blessed because of you!