On Saturday we were busting our hineys working on the house. We had plans to go to a neighbor’s house for a cookout for dinner, so I wanted a low fuss meal for lunch. I pinned from Kraft Recipes an Enchilada Pasta Bake and decided to make it for lunch. It wasn’t necessarily no fuss but it was definitely a very easy meal to make.
I thought it was really good but Lover Boy and I both agreed that it was a little dull on the flavor side. So next time I make it I will add some extra mexican spices.
I didn’t take “in the process” photos but here is the final product.
- 4-1/2cups medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 2tsp. oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1pkg. (1.25 oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix **I use 1.5 packages
- 1can (14.5 oz.) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2cups OSCAR MAYER Deli Fresh Oven Roasted Chicken Breast **I omit the chicken and use ½lb ground beef seasoned with ½ a packet of taco seasoning
- 1can (15 oz.) no-salt-added black beans, rinsed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- ⅓cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COOK pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add yellow onions and peppers; cook 3 to 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Stir in seasoning mix and tomatoes; cook and stir 3 min. Add chicken, beans and half each of the green onions and cilantro; mix well. Remove from heat.
- DRAIN pasta. Add to chicken mixture; mix lightly. Pour into 13x9-inch baking dish; top with cheese.
- BAKE 20 to 25 min. or until pasta mixture is heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining green onions and cilantro.
As I mentioned we went to a neighbor’s house for a cookout that evening. One of the things I brought were these fruit kabobs. They were perfect for a large group of people. Easy to grab and eat and appealing to kids (well and the adults too!) 🙂
OK that one piece of watermelon was a little out of place, opps! Oh well.
In this order I placed on a wooden skewer this fruit: raspberry, watermelon, orange, pineapple, kiwi, blueberry, purple grape. Cute, huh?
Thanks for stopping by! I'd love for you to FOLLOW ME!!