By special request this morning I made Puffy Pancakes.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Please see my disclosure here.
Lover Boy grew up eating all types of varieties of Puffy Pancakes…me, I had never heard of them until Scott made them for us when we were visiting in Ohio back in 2007. I instantly fell in love with them! Over the years I’ve tried several different recipes – some good some bad. Most of the recipes call for a cast iron pan as well – I have a couple cast iron pans but they are all in our camping bins. And…that is where they are to stay, they’re boring looking. (yes, we have a full fledge kitchen in terms of supplies when it comes to camping.)
So for Christmas I asked for a pretty fun colored cast iron pan. My parents bought me these…can you say awesome!?!?!
1. I love the color! 2. I love the oval skillet!! It’s supposed to be perfect for cooking fish!
This morning I made the Puffy Pancakes in the circle skillet.
In a bowl combine eggs, flour, salt and nutmeg
Whisk lightly just getting out all of the lumps
Heat 2tbs of butter in your skillet in the oven. When the butter is melted take it out and pour in the batter. Put back in the oven and bake until golden brown (in my oven it took 18 minutes)
Look at that poof! Perfection!
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and syrup.
*You can make these with all types of fruit. I love Puffy Pancakes with apple slices cooked in (but just made them plain today)
Here’s the recipe!
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash of nutmeg and cinnamon
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Maple syrup (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the butter in the bottom of a pan or skillet. Place pan into oven to melt the butter while you prepare the batter.
- Combine the eggs, flour, milk, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Do not over mix, just whisk until combined and there are no lumps.
- Pour the batter into the pan with the melted butter. Do not mix.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown (18-20+ minutes). Top with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.
Thanks for stopping by! I'd love for you to FOLLOW ME!!