A few days ago I guest posted over at Seven Alive and shared my recipe for Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. I have shared these before here but wanted to share them again because it’s pumpkin season!
My kids and I love these muffins so much that we make them all year round. We make them in mini muffin tins which are perfect size for toddler hands!
Lets make them together, shall we?
Grab a can of your favorite pumpkin puree, I like Libby’s
Next add in the eggs and pumpkin puree
In a separate bowl combine and mix flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves
These are the typical items I add in to my pumpkin muffins. My kids LOVE the chocolate chips (go figure, huh?) Walnuts, chocolate chips, raisins and cranberries. I divide the batter by spooning it into separate bowls and then mix in the separate add-in ingredients
Fill greased mini muffin tins and bake (you can use regular size if you’d like, but these are super kid friendly!)
As I was trying to snap a photo of the muffins cooling, my 3 year old came up and snagged one!
These muffins are a nutritious little bite size snack and work great in the car when you’re running late for school or going on long road trips! They also work great for breakfast appetizers on Thanksgiving morning!
I hope that you guys give these muffins a try and love them as much as we do! Have fun creating your own varieties of add-in ingredients!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ⅔ cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease and flour muffin tins.
- Cream together sugar and oil. Add eggs and pumpkin puree, mixing well.
- Combine all dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture alternating with water. Mix well after each addition.
- Add in chocolate chips (or walnuts, raisins, cranberries) and mix well.
- Spoon batter into greased and floured muffin tins, filling ⅔ full.
- Bake approximately 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Do not over bake.
Thanks for stopping by! I'd love for you to FOLLOW ME!!